MIGIZI Native Youth Futures Teen IDA Program offers an opportunity for local youth to acquire financial assets. An Individual Development Account (IDA) is an educational savings account that will match account holders’ personal savings. Participants choose to save for higher-education costs and MIGIZI will match savings of up to $500, at a rate of 8:1, giving you the opportunity to save up to $4500 in total.
- Students must be at least in 12th grade; high school graduates and college students up to age 24 are also eligible.
- Participants must be of American Indian descent.
- Participants must meet federally mandated income requirements (need to provide documentation of income: W-2, paystubs, tax return, MFIP, SSI, etc.).*
- Participants must open an IDA savings account at Woodlands National Bank.
- Participants must attend all required trainings.
- Participants must make regular savings deposits while employed.
- Participants must use savings for higher education (includes all post-secondary options, including college, certificate programs, etc.).
- Participants must follow all policies for the program according to the rules and regulations.
If you have any questions about the requirements, or the IDA program, please contact:
John Gwinn @ (612) 721-6631 x222, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole DeCoteau-Vause @ (612) 721-6631 x202, email@example.com
* 67,480 annually or less to qualify. Provide 2 most recent paystubs.